Showing Your Home
How to Show Your Home
- Make needed repairs, (leaking faucets, sticky floor etc…)
- Make your home as neutral as possible. A fresh coat of paint is worth thousands of dollars
- Declutter home as much as possible; basement, closets, kitchen countertops, etc (the fewer things on the countertop the better, remove magnets from the refrigerator).
- Get rid of EXCESS furniture (rent a mini storage space)
- Check the caulk and grout around bathtubs and shower
- Display your best towels
- Install bright bulbs in lights
- Wash windows and replace torn screens
- Clean carpets - BUYERS BUY WHAT THEY CAN SEE!!
- Try not to be home during showings
- Turn on all inside lights
- Open drapes and/or blinds
- Give home a pleasant fragrance
- Play soft music at a low volume
- Remove pets from the home
If preparing your home showings seems overwhelming to you, we highly recommend hiring a professional home staging service.
What is professional staging?
Home Staging is the preparation of a home to sell by a professional who specializes in this form of design and has been certified and trained on the art of home staging. A professional home stager has the resources and can objectively view the home as a product and highlight its assets while downplaying its flaws. The home sellers sometimes cannot view their home objectively, while many successful Realtors do not have the time or trade resources to properly stage a home. We will be happy to recommend a staging service we have worked with in the past to assist you in preparing your home for a quick sale!